Water levels dropping fiercely

tstex

Silver Supporter
Aug 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Anyone else in TX that has been impacted by the heat and winds of the high pressure cell experiencing rapid water level drops? Filled the pool up to the drain line and w/in 2 days, looks like it has dropped an inch+. Haven't done the bucket test yet. Our pools longer length runs N-S w exposure to S winds so I know that's accelerating the issue...hopefully that cell will move sooner than later...thanks

Happy Father's Day to all you guys !

I've been all over the map also. Fine, fine, WHATTHE, fine, a little loss, fine, WHATTHE, fine. :ROFLMAO:

I use the EPA formula in the link to get a rough estimate of my water loss. I usually have to fill once a week, sometimes every 10 days, depending on winds. I am uncovered in full sun on the top of a hill w/ little windbreak. The calculation below says I could lose 400 plus gallons a day on a very windy day w/ temps in the 80s. Seems high and your mileage may vary.

Thank you to all...bucket test shows same evap rates....w the winds higher than normal and highs again this week of 101-103, it's just blowing away...the water is getting into the 90's in the aftn too. Can't wait until fall, but have a looooog way to go !

Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.