Water level

KristianPRion

Jul 10, 2023
Oskaloosa Iowa
I have an Intex 20x48 above ground pool. No matter what I do, I cannot get it level to 3 in on one side or lower. Is it okay to fill it at like this, cuz everywhere I'm looking says it's not. I am so tired of digging dirt and packing dirt, I'm just ready to fill it and use it, anyone knows will you please let me know? Sometimes I don't believe everything Google says.

OH Honey I am so sorry you are facing this. I do NOT want to say this but you cannot fill it yet. 3" is too far off to be safe. If the kids (big and little) get going good in the pool it could cause the water to form a "wave" with can go over the low edge of the pool and take it down and the people in the pool with it.

This stands out to me "and packing dirt". This might be your biggest problem. You should go down to "virgin" dirt. If you "pack dirt" it will not hold the pool up as the weight of the pool and water will smush it down :(

Take and share a pic for us to really see what you are working with.

If you "pack dirt" it will not hold the pool up as the weight of the pool and water will smush it down :(
Yep, needs to be compacted. You can rent one-man soil compactors. I don't know the exact type you'd need for that purpose, but a place like Herc rentals might. It'll depend on the type of soil and how much you're trying to compact, and for what load. Of course a soil pro would know, too, if you don't want to tackle the job yourself.

614x459.jpeg

As for all things, there will be YouTube videos to teach you. Or at least to teach you enough to figure out if you can learn how to do it yourself, or if you should turn it over to a pro. Google "youtube how to compact soil."

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.