Steve Norman

Jun 8, 2019
Hatfield PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Covered my pool a few months ago. It appears as though the water level has dropped, although I never had an issue with the level during the summer. Should I just fill it back up to the recommended winter level (just below the skimmer), or leave it low. I have no clue if there is a liner leak or water on top of the cover forced the water out of the pool.

Aboveground pool. I lowered the water below the return when I closed it. I checked the pool yesterday because we had a lot of wind. The center of the cover appeared to be close to the bottom of the pool. I can't tell if the weight of the water on top of the cover was simply displacing the water to the sides, or if it just really low because of a leak. I began pumping water off of the cover today to see what happens.

Did you have a pump on the cover? People have found pool water would leak through the cover and be pumped out by the pump.

I just put the pump on the cover today. I wanted water on top to weigh the cover down. But do you think a hole in the cover allowed water to pass thru to the top of the cover?

People jump to the conclusion they have a leak. You have to carefully examine all the ways the water may have been lost.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.