Toronto, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Opened my pool yesterday and I guess with all the snow we had this winter the water level ended up being above the skimmer vs half way. So maybe 3 to 4 inches too high.

Is this an issue that I should worry about and get someone with a pump, or something that overtime will come down anyhow?

I suggest you pump the water down using a submersible pump. We don’t know where the water will overflow to and if it can washout and undermine your pool walls or get behind your liner.

Your pool pump will have the oomph if the submersible doesn't. If you're lucky, someone plumbed a hose bib in after the pump. If not, you can open the filter drain and let 'er rip. I think the drain is standard pipe thread, so you could even get a nipple and a hose adaptor to direct the flow where you want it.

Reactions: splashpad
Hmmm... Have a Little Giant pump that I use for my pool cover. Not sure if it would be enough?

The Little Giant pool cover pump is not submersible. I have had a few be damaged from being covered with water or snow.

You need a pump like either of the two on the left. It is helpful to have around the house.

Reactions: pbc and splashpad
Your pool pump will have the oomph if the submersible doesn't. If you're lucky, someone plumbed a hose bib in after the pump. If not, you can open the filter drain and let 'er rip. I think the drain is standard pipe thread, so you could even get a nipple and a hose adaptor to direct the flow where you want it.
Thanks.. No hose bib. And filter sits in an enclosed cabana... Will look into the attachment option.

Anything you would recco?

This one works well for me ...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.