Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Hey all, can a pool pump be too much for a sand filter and not clean properly? Purchased a 1.5HP Superflo and had a 300 lb sand filter and for some reason I cannot get water clear and has a light green tint to it. All my numbers are correct and I have been trying to keep chlorine level high to see if it will help but getting nothing.

K,

If you run your new pump at full speed all the time.. maybe.. Otherwise no...

You have been around since 2010, so have you run an OCLT? If you fail the OCLT, you will need to perform a SLAM.

Saying all your numbers are "correct" is not the same as posting your latest test results.. :)

Thanks,

Jim R.

All my numbers are correct
From your shared PoolMath logs it looks like you added a whole lot of chlorine a couple days ago, but no testing since. You do know that if you wish to follow the SLAM Process, that is not a one and done thing.

What about iron in your water?

This was numbers two days ago. I have been keeping the chlorine in that range since then.

So I just did a chlorine test
24.5 FC
0.5 CC

The other test above was after I super chlorinated with SWG

I was trying to keep high to SLAM at 24 the last few days to see if it would help but its not

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.