Mar 30, 2021
Toronto
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey folks,

I'm super confused. I came out of SLAM weeks ago and everything was great. I've noticed that my water isn't 100% clear anymore and I've noticed some what I suspect is algae growth. I vacuum the pool every second day and my numbers are what I think spot on.

Any advice?

It's a 7000g vinyl

cya 45
fc 9
ph 7.6
ta 90
cc 0
ch 100

Pool has been uncovered for about 4 hours now and I just tested the water. I stopped running the pump over night, but it runs for a solid 10-12hrs a day. Going to do a backwash and rinse right now but I'm lost.

Attachments

• 20210809_124540.jpg
    20210809_124540.jpg
    521.4 KB · Views: 14
Hmmm, just found a similar thread that must have missed before posting... So raise FC to slam levels.

It could be a couple things...

Is the cover on for the 2 days between brushing or do you take it off some? (not that it matters, i have left mine on for 2 weeks before...)
How well is your circulation in the pool, do you think there are spots that do not see much chlorine like in the corners of the pool... I built a 90 degree 1.5 inch eye to get my water moving all the way around the pool., you can kind of see it on the wall in these picks..

Sometimes I have noticed mine is also just not as clear as I know it can be.. Just raise it to SLAM level for 24 to 48 hours and everything is great in the world again...

One thing I noticed, There is not a 45 CYA, it is 40 or 50... :)

Reactions: koffey
50 it is and thanks for the tip, I started swirling the chlorine after dumping it in and I always remove the cover to clean it. I'll leave the cover on if it's a day that I won't be in the pool.

Check your filter pressure as well. Make sure you don't need to clean anything. My water started to look hazy right before a pool party. We were so busy working on the landscaping getting ready that I wasn't watching the filter as closely as I should have been. My numbers were good but the water was hazy even at SLAM levels. The filter needed cleaned. I pulled it apart, did a deep clean and the water cleared up over night. Everybody thought the pool looked great.

Reactions: koffey
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.