Mar 30, 2021
Toronto
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey folks,

I'm super confused. I came out of SLAM weeks ago and everything was great. I've noticed that my water isn't 100% clear anymore and I've noticed some what I suspect is algae growth. I vacuum the pool every second day and my numbers are what I think spot on.

Any advice?

It's a 7000g vinyl

cya 45
fc 9
ph 7.6
ta 90
cc 0
ch 100

Pool has been uncovered for about 4 hours now and I just tested the water. I stopped running the pump over night, but it runs for a solid 10-12hrs a day. Going to do a backwash and rinse right now but I'm lost.

Attachments

• 20210809_124540.jpg
    20210809_124540.jpg
    521.4 KB · Views: 13

koffey

Mar 30, 2021
Toronto
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hmmm, just found a similar thread that must have missed before posting... So raise FC to slam levels.

cowboycasey

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 3, 2013
Southern OK
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool SJ-40
It could be a couple things...

Is the cover on for the 2 days between brushing or do you take it off some? (not that it matters, i have left mine on for 2 weeks before...)
How well is your circulation in the pool, do you think there are spots that do not see much chlorine like in the corners of the pool... I built a 90 degree 1.5 inch eye to get my water moving all the way around the pool., you can kind of see it on the wall in these picks..

Sometimes I have noticed mine is also just not as clear as I know it can be.. Just raise it to SLAM level for 24 to 48 hours and everything is great in the world again...

One thing I noticed, There is not a 45 CYA, it is 40 or 50... :)

Reactions: koffey

koffey

Mar 30, 2021
Toronto
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
50 it is and thanks for the tip, I started swirling the chlorine after dumping it in and I always remove the cover to clean it. I'll leave the cover on if it's a day that I won't be in the pool.

DorsalSpine

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Jul 8, 2013
Columbus, Ohio
Check your filter pressure as well. Make sure you don't need to clean anything. My water started to look hazy right before a pool party. We were so busy working on the landscaping getting ready that I wasn't watching the filter as closely as I should have been. My numbers were good but the water was hazy even at SLAM levels. The filter needed cleaned. I pulled it apart, did a deep clean and the water cleared up over night. Everybody thought the pool looked great.

Reactions: koffey
Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread