Water is clear now I see a big linear crack on the pool bottom

Certainly anything like that would be concerning. I suppose the immediate concerns would be if it's simply a superficial blemish or something more structural to be concerned with. One person who may have a thought for you is @bdavis466. Maybe some others will jump-in on this thread as well. Hope everything turns-out okay. :swim:

Reactions: jorowan
Certainly anything like that would be concerning. I suppose the immediate concerns would be if it's simply a superficial blemish or something more structural to be concerned with. One person who may have a thought for you is @bdavis466. Maybe some others will jump-in on this thread as well. Hope everything turns-out okay. :swim:
I hope so too! The pool does not appear to be leaking, if that is any consolation—it is to me, and hope it stays that way for the summer. I would so appreciate input from others who might have knowledge about this.

As long as the pool is holding water and not leaking I would do nothing. The cracks maybe on the surface and not through the plaster. How old is the plaster?

As long as the pool is holding water and not leaking I would do nothing. The cracks maybe on the surface and not through the plaster. How old is the plaster?
I believe the pool was built in 1993. We emptied the pool in winter of 2017 to repair coping and surface repair (patch) in a few locations. Is there anything we could do to understand the problem better or is there some one of material we can patch it with under water? Thank you for your thoughts! I will insert a photo of pool when empty although not sure that will help.1029720AAF025F-41E4-4319-8957-1DBA36C91E38.jpeg

I agree with the others that as long as the pool is holding water then there shouldn't be much concern. When you're ready to replaster that will be the time to investigate the integrity of the shell.

I suggest keeping an eye on it and pay attention to see if you start seeing rust forming near the crack

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.