Water is being trucked in! Intellicenter question though

Hello everyone! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. We just locked in our concrete decking for August 23rd. We plan on doing a stamped wood plank look style 10' around the whole pool. We also might rip out the existing patio so everything matches. Which direction should we put the planks in your opinion? Should we have them go into the pool or go with the length of the pool? My preference is left to right (length of the pool) but I am concerned the pool is about 1" off sq of the house.

The orange area would be the current pool deck. (unless we rip out the patio next to the orange box). The blue box is a planned pool house and outdoor kitchen area (3-4 years away).

Thoughts?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 11.09.42 AM.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 11.09.42 AM.jpeg
    652.7 KB · Views: 33
With planks you will notice it regardless of direction, it will either show up at the existing patio or along both short walls of the pool edge. It does not look that bad to me...your lines on the picture are square and the picture is not squarely framed with the house. I used an image software to measure from the edge of your existing patio to the pool wall and got 127 pixels at both ends.

If you pull a tape from the existing patio to the pool wall at both ends...whats the difference?

Are you dead set on planks? A rock pattern would not matter if things were not perfectly square.

Another direction entirely would be to do normal concrete to match your existing and either stain it all or have it all coated in cool deck so that it all matches.

Reactions: BigPapaSmurf
What are the dimension on your pool and decking? I could throw each pattern into pool studio so you could get a visual on it.
Oh wow that is awesome of you to offer that! It is 20 x 40. The decking is 10’ on each side unless we tear out that 30 x 11.5 existing patio so things match. I’m torn on how the brushed and stamped will transition.

Reactions: joel98z
@Justin9314 Here is a very basic rendering of your 20 x 40 pool with 10' of decking surround. Wasn't sure on the color you wanting so I winged that and just freehanded your existing patio and placement. One shot is vertical stamped wood planks and the other is stamped horizontal wood planks. Third is another option of stamped rock pattern.

Attachments

• TFP-Justin9314_001.jpg
    TFP-Justin9314_001.jpg
    529.8 KB · Views: 29
  • TFP-Justin9314_002.jpg
    TFP-Justin9314_002.jpg
    550.8 KB · Views: 29
  • TFP-Justin9314_003.jpg
    TFP-Justin9314_003.jpg
    548.8 KB · Views: 29
@Justin9314 Here is a very basic rendering of your 20 x 40 pool with 10' of decking surround. Wasn't sure on the color you wanting so I winged that and just freehanded your existing patio and placement. One shot is vertical stamped wood planks and the other is stamped horizontal wood planks. Third is another option of stamped rock pattern.
Thank you for doing that. That is very helpful!

I am sure this is a silly question but I wanted to get my ducks in a row for my next few phases as I approach the finish line. (Concrete ordered for August 23rd) I was able to secure an Intellicenter. I purchased the Pentair 20 amp GFCI breaker for the Inteliflow pump. I know my cover requires a 20 amp as well. How about my four LED lights? I did CMP which is 11 watts each but will be hooked up to one 300 watt transformer. (This should be GFCI right?)

Also, for the receptacle, should I place this on its own breaker? If so, just a 15 amp? (This breaker wouldn't have to be GFCI because the plug would be GFCI right?)

What brand of breakers should I purchase for the cover, lights, and plug?

I believe Intellicenter, like Omnilogic, can use both Siemens and Square D breakers. I put several Siemens in my Omni panel, I like those as well as the Square D and less expensive.

I used both of these:

Siemens QF120A
Siemens QF120A Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter, 20 Amp, 1 Pole, 120 Volt, 10,000 AIC, Black - - Amazon.com

Siemens QF215A
Siemens QF215A Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter, 15 Amp, 2 Pole, 120V, 10,000 Aic, - - Amazon.com

You should look in your manual and verify that it works with whatever you want to order.

I would use a GFCI breakers for anything pool related...so yes on your pool cover and light transformer. Where is the receptacle going to be, at the pad? If yes, you could use regular breaker and GFCI plug there. Are you using a robot or pressure side pool cleaner? You will need a GFCI breaker for the booster pump as well.

I believe Intellicenter, like Omnilogic, can use both Siemens and Square D breakers. I put several Siemens in my Omni panel, I like those as well as the Square D and less expensive.

I used both of these:

Siemens QF120A
Siemens QF120A Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter, 20 Amp, 1 Pole, 120 Volt, 10,000 AIC, Black - - Amazon.com

Siemens QF215A
Siemens QF215A Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter, 15 Amp, 2 Pole, 120V, 10,000 Aic, - - Amazon.com

You should look in your manual and verify that it works with whatever you want to order.

I would use a GFCI breakers for anything pool related...so yes on your pool cover and light transformer. Where is the receptacle going to be, at the pad? If yes, you could use regular breaker and GFCI plug there. Are you using a robot or pressure side pool cleaner? You will need a GFCI breaker for the booster pump as well.
Thank you! I plan on purchasing a robot. Robots just need a plug right, no booster pump required?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Can anyone provide some insight on my liner install? I have a crew coming Saturday to install the bottom of the pool and was willing to put liner in same day. The challenge I’m running into is finding a water delivery company that will deliver later afternoon on the weekend. The guy installing my liner said he could just leave the vacuums running all weekend until Monday when I could secure water. I’m naive but that sounds like a long time to be under suction. I have pretty hard well water so I can’t self serve unfortunately.
Thoughts?
For the journal, we got our deck done today!

Attachments

• C7E3E675-F26F-4F4F-BAC4-898975B382ED.jpeg
    C7E3E675-F26F-4F4F-BAC4-898975B382ED.jpeg
    581.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 857DF31B-6DCC-43B2-AE9E-88792924EBFB.jpeg
    857DF31B-6DCC-43B2-AE9E-88792924EBFB.jpeg
    852.1 KB · Views: 31
The suction will not hurt anything...the force on the liner from the weight of the water pressing against it is much greater. You would have to listen to them running the whole time as would your neighbors, if that's an issue.

I have only done my pool, so maybe someone else with more experience will chime in....but my pool krete was not 100% set for about 2 days, granted...I was in early October and the temp was not as warm as it is now. My wife stepped on it the day after it was done, thinking it was set, and left a shoe impression or two while walking around. I filled them in with some Quikrete Hydraulic Water-Stop Cement along with some other spots that were un-even. If I had tried to set my liner even the day after the pool krete was put in...there would be foot prints all in the bottom.

The morning of the day I was setting my liner, with the pool krete 100% as hard as it was going to get, I went back and used a trowel to knock down any ridges and soften some edges, then blew all the loose stuff to the deep end where I vacuumed it up. I think the extra time to go over the bottom and walls with a fine tooth comb and fix any sharp/pokey places is worth it. Most of the places I touched up were where the pool krete touched the wall and along the transition lines from the shallow end into the deep end. There were also some places where the pool krete splattered up onto the wall and a some specks stuck. They would have been felt through the liner.

This time of year the pool krete may dry ultra fast...I would still want time to search out and get rid of any pokey spots and touch up any low spots.

I love the way the stamped concrete turned out...it looks great! It's hard to tell from the pics...but it looks like your hopper walls will require some buildup to get the correct shape?

Last edited:
The suction will not hurt anything...the force on the liner from the weight of the water pressing against it is much greater. You would have to listen to them running the whole time as would your neighbors, if that's an issue.

I have only done my pool, so maybe someone else with more experience will chime in....but my pool krete was not 100% set for about 2 days, granted...I was in early October and the temp was not as warm as it is now. My wife stepped on it the day after it was done, thinking it was set, and left a shoe impression or two while walking around. I filled them in with some Quikrete Hydraulic Water-Stop Cement along with some other spots that were un-even. If I had tried to set my liner even the day after the pool krete was put in...there would be foot prints all in the bottom.

The morning of the day I was setting my liner, with the pool krete 100% as hard as it was going to get, I went back and used a trowel to knock down any ridges and soften some edges, then blew all the loose stuff to the deep end where I vacuumed it up. I think the extra time to go over the bottom and walls with a fine tooth comb and fix any sharp/pokey places is worth it. Most of the places I touched up were where the pool krete touched the wall and along the transition lines from the shallow end into the deep end. There were also some places where the pool krete splattered up onto the wall and a some specks stuck. They would have been felt through the liner.

This time of year the pool krete may dry ultra fast...I would still want time to search out and get rid of any pokey spots and touch up any low spots.

I love the way the stamped concrete turned out...it looks great! It's hard to tell from the pics...but it looks like your hopper walls will require some buildup to get the correct shape?
That makes sense. The installer said he normally does it all in one day when it’s this hot. I brought up footprints specifically and he said he knows a few tricks since he’s been doing it for almost 20 years. I do know he normally hand mixes his bottoms with sand and mortar, so maybe there is a difference?
I do have to build up the sides. I have clean stone inside that will be used to shape it.

By wet set, do you mean don’t cut anything until a certain amount of water is in it?
Yes...let it get up a few inches below lights, returns, skimmers before cutting the hole for each so most of the downward stretching force due to the weight of the water is done.

If you hand mix in the pool it's a dry mix and dries fast in the heat.
I think I've seen you mention this before. How much skill does it take to mix these ingredients on-the-spot in your hopper? What is the blend of Portland cement to vermiculite? It seems the premade mix would be easier but if this is real way to get it done right then I'd like to learn more. :)

Hello everyone! First wanted to say thank you for all of the valuable time and information you provide to this site. After a few months of hard work, our project is nearing completion! We have about 50% of the pool filled and hopefully the rest tomorrow. I wired up most of the intellicenter today with the help of some previous posts I found on here. I was hoping someone could triple check my wiring? When I turn the breaker on, the pump lights up however the intellicenter screen doesn’t? Am I missing something?

Attachments

• 2805A84C-672D-4AF9-863C-25392D3BFAC5.jpeg
    2805A84C-672D-4AF9-863C-25392D3BFAC5.jpeg
    453.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 0D7C03D9-0FF0-4128-943B-F74D807603CE.jpeg
    0D7C03D9-0FF0-4128-943B-F74D807603CE.jpeg
    446 KB · Views: 19
  • 064CB48B-773D-4E6E-B168-A2DDAD8E76A4.jpeg
    064CB48B-773D-4E6E-B168-A2DDAD8E76A4.jpeg
    438.4 KB · Views: 19
  • C8C5D379-2E10-444A-823B-2F24A8C2B7FF.jpeg
    C8C5D379-2E10-444A-823B-2F24A8C2B7FF.jpeg
    366.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 57E6ECE7-97E3-4202-947A-E7BCA5A4A0BE.jpeg
    57E6ECE7-97E3-4202-947A-E7BCA5A4A0BE.jpeg
    574.2 KB · Views: 21
@Justin9314
From what I can tell from the photos, yes, your wiring does look correct.
Doesn't look like the circuit breaker is popped but check to make sure.

Several new IntelliCenter owners have experienced mothercard and touchscreen issues lately. There must be a decline in parts QC going on. I know of one gentleman who purchased an IntelliCenter. First mothercard was bad. Tech support sent out a warranty tech and lo and behold, the second mothercard that they installed was also bad. He had good luck on the 3rd mothercard (fingers crossed).
I would contact Tech Support ASAP and let them run through their troubleshooting scripts with you over the phone. You may have a warranty issue that needs to be addressed.
Please keep us posted..
Thanks...
r.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.