You do have to purchase new cartridges and replace them in the device, which I assume have the pH and FC tests in them, so theoretically it should last as long as you get cartridges without changing accuracy.

You do have to purchase new cartridges and replace them in the device, which I assume have the pH and FC tests in them, so theoretically it should last as long as you get cartridges without changing accuracy.
And the Bluetooth connection continues to function, and the batteries don't corrode in the compartment, and the wire from the top to the bottom doesn't get ripped out by kids blindly reaching in to get balls. It's just a tough environment for electronics I would think. Though Maytronics seems to have done a good job mixing electronics and water. My wife says my job on purchases is two-fold, QC Inspector and Devils' Advocate.

Compartment is up on the skimmer piece and not submerged, and there's a pretty good gasket going around it. Not as concerned there.

I did have to remove and re-insert them a few times when I opened the pool to get it to correctly connect to the WiFi and the Bluetooth. But I had one of the first roll-out models.

Wire damage - kids reach into the skimmer? My kids know water gets sucked in there and that spiders/bugs/etc. like to hide in it and they avoid it. :D But we probably have different kids.

Honestly the biggest concern I would have is that the company stays solvent. If they close up and close down their servers the device is worthless as it can't report back to you without going through their server first.

Reactions: bmoreswim
Honestly the biggest concern I would have is that the company stays solvent. If they close up and close down their servers the device is worthless as it can't report back to you without going through their server first.

Solvency is a concern on my end also... It's not just the server disapearring (i might have just about enough IT skills to get around that), but it's things like the cartridge refills which are only available from the one source, and without which the device is useless. It certainly looks like a good product for my needs but I was hoping to find more than just a few customers on here with testimonials.

Solvency is a concern on my end also... It's not just the server disapearring (i might have just about enough IT skills to get around that), but it's things like the cartridge refills which are only available from the one source, and without which the device is useless. It certainly looks like a good product for my needs but I was hoping to find more than just a few customers on here with testimonials.
It literally came out last summer, and people here are pretty hesitant to trust testing not from a DPD-FAS test. So not many here will likely have one. :) So far it’s been accurate for me, enough for what I need for maintenance.

It literally came out last summer, and people here are pretty hesitant to trust testing not from a DPD-FAS test. So not many here will likely have one. :)

Good point... I'm a big believer/fan of the TFP approach, which has given me the tools and confidence to be able to maintain my pool with only weekly testing in the first place. Once I get everything dialed in, in my circumstance it's only been maintaining the PH level that has been the main challenge. I largely solved that with a Stenner pump, but since 5 days is a long time to not have direct eyes on the pool, or be able to test, even if this thing is just "self consistent", I think it should suit my needs to let me know if something has changed drastically.

IceShadow, (and the others) I really appreciate you sharing your experiences.. Thx.

Reactions: JustWater
Or y
I really want to give Water Guru a shot but first of all I am having a hard time reaching someone at WG to ask questions. So at first glance Customer Service seems lacking. But with the pandemic I am giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe someone else could help answer my question. My skimmer covers are square and made out of stone. So I would not be able to just replace the skimmer cover with their device. I am wondering if there was another option. My first thought was to get a pool noodle and just float the Waterguru device in the pool. It appears the battery box is located in the skimmer cover so that would need to keep from being submerged in the pool but assume it is water resistant being designed for a wet envrionment.

Any thoughts?
The square adapter won’t work?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.