Water Guru Sense 2

Not sure on the automated part but it let me make shortcuts via the app . Still learning about it.
To your point about frequency I guess it depends on how often you want to use the data provided.
If your like me especially in Florida I appreciate the daily updates on my levels. It won’t replace my weekly testing but it gives me a daily capture if something is wrong so that’s a really positive experience. It doesn’t replace regular testing…Think of it as more of a monitoring tool so we can keep an eye on making our pools TFP clear as a bell !
Thanks for the update. I am still on the fence with this or maybe Sutro. I really like seeing numbers instead of trying to determine colors of drop tests. Let me know if you have anymore information or if it is not working properly. Thanks again!

Just thought I'd chime in too since I'm very interested in this discussion. I have the S1 and find it helpful for the daily testing, for sure (then test weekly with my Taylor kit). Went to get another pack of cartridges during their 20% sale this weekend and noticed the S2 kit. Found it VERY odd that the 3 cartridge refill only has on 5-test cart. and 2 x 1-test. Someone earlier asked about swap-ability so I can see the wisdom in wondering that. What I'm wondering about is whether the S2 kit is more reliable in regards to hardware (specifically, better at staying connected to wifi, finding bluetooth, etc) as my S1 is very hit and miss (despite having Wifi just a several feet away from it - should be rock solid but it's not). So if anyone comes across anything that says the hardware inside is more robust or reliable I'd love to know that. I highly doubt it is, but I'm also a bit of a cynic!

EDIT: turns out the 20% doesn't apply to cartridge refill packs. BOO (plus they want to charge shipping on top of that even. BOO squared)

• Sad
Reactions: Newdude
Just thought I'd chime in too since I'm very interested in this discussion. I have the S1 and find it helpful for the daily testing, for sure (then test weekly with my Taylor kit). Went to get another pack of cartridges during their 20% sale this weekend and noticed the S2 kit. Found it VERY odd that the 3 cartridge refill only has on 5-test cart. and 2 x 1-test. Someone earlier asked about swap-ability so I can see the wisdom in wondering that. What I'm wondering about is whether the S2 kit is more reliable in regards to hardware (specifically, better at staying connected to wifi, finding bluetooth, etc) as my S1 is very hit and miss (despite having Wifi just a several feet away from it - should be rock solid but it's not). So if anyone comes across anything that says the hardware inside is more robust or reliable I'd love to know that. I highly doubt it is, but I'm also a bit of a cynic!

EDIT: turns out the 20% doesn't apply to cartridge refill packs. BOO (plus they want to charge shipping on top of that even. BOO squared)

Thanks for the reply. Other somewhat glitching, is it close when comparing it to your Taylor kit?

Welp, I ended up ordering an S2 last week and it's been installed for 4 days now. My results thus far for the new C5 have been mostly inconsistent vs my Taylor testing.

Over the first 4 days:
CH: 235, 442, 393, and 517! My Taylor testing is consistently around 350-375. I guess I'm supposed to take the 4 day average!
CYA: 104, 132, 122, and 150. My Taylor results are consistently around 70-80
TA: 84, 77, 87, 93. Taylor consistently gives me 70.
PH: 7.7, 7.8, 7.8, 7.8 -- this is spot on with Taylor at 7.8
FC: 5.8, 8.9, 7.4, 6.2 -- Taylor has been 7-7.5 each day.

I've reached out to WG for input... not sure why it would be this variable. Also, there is no free lab test in the box with the S2. Not clear if I order the 0.00 kit online (pay $8 shipping) and send in I can still get a free test.

Quick update -- managed to get in touch with their lead engineer; they pushed a firmware update to address some of the variations and also sent me a new cassette and a specific test kit to help further troubleshoot my CYA results. Impressed with the follow up and sounds like they are definitely continuing to improve software and pads for the new C5. The PH and FC is generally good, TA is better now.

Just received my Sense 2 today. Initial reading was off from my Taylor kit.

WG (vs Taylor)
FC - 2.3 (vs 1.2)
pH - 7.3 (vs 7.7)
TA - 90 (vs 60)
CH - 270 (vs 400)
CYA - n/a (vs 30)

Will see if it calibrates through the week.

Note: android Google home integration is no longer available.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Do you happen to be using a Variable Speed Pump? I noticed if there is not enough flow that the readings are off by quite a bit more than normal.
I am using a VS pump. I guess I don't understand the technology to understand the correlation between flow and chemical sample/testing if the unit is submerged. I'll time the high speed at the time of my daily sample reading to see if that helps. FC was better last night but everything else was still off including pH. Hopefully it calibrates more today.

Just jumping in to add a few things...

Just bought the sense2 myself. Haven't had any experience but will update once I get it and have it installed.

On the Google assistant front, Google stopped voice assistant on June 13th which was announced last year. WaterGuru didn't update their app so they don't support it anymore. That being said there are Home Assistant plug-ins that can tap into the API which is good enough for me.

On the daily tests... yes they force a sample everyday which sucks honestly. I'm sure it's because they want to keep selling you those carts... for me it's the largest downside.

I'll give my thoughts if interested once it arrives and I can test it for a couple days. I'm also doing a salt water conversion at the same time... nothing like scope creep...
While running test daily seems like too much, I must say I really appreciate it with our new pool. I am still trying to balance our PH and getting daily insight into how pool performs is really nice. From WaterGuru they give you 5 tests cartridge for 1st month then 2 tests X2 cartridges for next 4 months (2 months per cartridge). To be honest $120 for a whole year of testing is not bad. Pool Service would cost me $120 per month.

Just ordered mine. I called to see why the cartridge pack only had 1 of the C5 (30 day) and 2 of the C2 (60 day)...apparently, they're expecting the C5's to come in the next few weeks, so i guess it's their way of controlling stock. Excited to see how it comes...

After testing the sense 2 for a couple of months and going back and forth with support on the unit I just can’t recommend purchasing this.
I have had problems with wildly inconsistent and inaccurate readings on a daily basis especially with the CYA readings. The have no fix for this and unfortunately I will be sending back my unit for a refund. On the whole most readings are off of my Taylor test kit and there are days that the unit fluctuates so much it’s really not worth the cost of the cartridges. I was hopeful that the unit would be a bridge to regular maintenance-manuel testing but unfortunately I do not think this is ready for prime time.

After testing the sense 2 for a couple of months and going back and forth with support on the unit I just can’t recommend purchasing this.
I have had problems with wildly inconsistent and inaccurate readings on a daily basis especially with the CYA readings. The have no fix for this and unfortunately I will be sending back my unit for a refund. On the whole most readings are off of my Taylor test kit and there are days that the unit fluctuates so much it’s really not worth the cost of the cartridges. I was hopeful that the unit would be a bridge to regular maintenance-manuel testing but unfortunately I do not think this is ready for prime time.
Good update. Thank you.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support