Water cloudy after a storm

Nov 28, 2018
Michigan
Finally got some rain the past few days which was great for the lawn, but now my water is a touch cloudy. Drained off some of the extra water to get it closer to the desired level. Ran a full test

FC 3.5
CC .5
TA 80
PH 7.5
CYA 60

One thing I did notice was my SWG % was running at about 25%. Now either my kids were messing with it, or I mistakenly didn't dial it back to the normal 75% output when showing the system of to my neighbor last weekend . My FC is usually in the 7-8 range.

Is this more to do with me allowing my FC to dip or the rain? Should I add more chlorine or just run the pump and SWG full blast for the day? Something else?

I would increase the FC right away with some liquid chlorine or regular bleach. Give it a jump-start up to about 8-10 in hopes of fighting-off anything that looks to be happening. Perhaps do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test this evening as well just to be safe.

Reactions: martinezj1120
Just for my own understanding, is this more due to the rain or allowing my FC to dip?
Probably the FC dip. Rain really shouldn't impact water chemistry too much, but the low FC is like an open door to organics.

Reactions: martinezj1120
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.