water chemistry and the eyes

Richard, I am happy with that conclusion. I always wondered why it is when I have all other chemicals in proper range we get red eyes. So it seems that we have to put up with some level of discomfort, especially my kids who like to swim for hours on end. I think I am going to have my son, who is affected the most, wear goggles so he is not always complaining about the red eye thing.

From my experience the biggest factor for me is PH. A few weeks ago, I had dumped just under a gallon of MA into the pool to lower the PH, which took it down in the 7.2 range. The next day I went swimming and my eyes were fuzzy and hurting in only about 20 minutes. I swam for a couple hours today with no goggles and eyes are fine. I ran the PH yesterday and it was 7.6+ ish. Willing to bet it is about 7.8 today, but I had not checked it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.