Water bonding.

I'm starting my in-ground pool (a DIY) at the end of next month, and I'm working with my inspector now, on water bonding. He wants me to use the in skimmer bonding plate that you have to drill thru the skimmer. I look at this being an issue where it could possibly leak down the road with this being a salt water pool causing the metal to rust out. Plus it's in an area I cannot get to later down the road, with it being under concrete. So my question there is... Am I over thinking that part, and it will not rust out a few years down the road, and be an issue?

I wanted to use this PB-2008 Water Bonding Fitting near the pool equipment where it can be maintenance in the future. I'm not sure why the inspector is against it, if they are both NEC approved for water bonding.

With all of that said I seen in a early thread when searching through the threads, when you bond the light niche it also bonds the water (maybe I read that wrong). I will have a Hayward Pool light Niche, but I cannot find anywhere that states it also bonds the water. If, the pool light nitche is already bonding the water, and I can show him this, maybe I don't have to drill thru my skimmer.

TIA,

WHAT CAN I USE AS A WATER BONDING DEVICE?
Traditionally the “water bonding device” has been the pool light. Typical incandescent pool lighting is housed in a metal “wet niche.” The metal niche should be bonded, and by creating a wet niche bond the water is also properly bonded. According to NEC, the device can consist of metal parts that have already been bonded. In these cases all requirements are met at the pool light.

In the past five years, plastic wet niches and nicheless LED lighting have become extremely common. Some industry statistics show nicheless lighting gaining on “wet niche” lighting. This significantly affects water bonding during pool construction. If you use nicheless lighting or plastic niches with no changes to pool bonding, then the pool may not be safe.

Once the metal wet niche is not available as a bonding solution, you must find an alternative. Other pool components can function as a water bond, but, what is considered “water bonding material” varies by location. This confusion can lead to dangerous consequences if a pool is found non-compliant. The best solution is to attach a certified pool water bonding device to the system. This ensures the pool will always meet water bonding requirements.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.