Indio, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hi, I have been maintaining my water where I believe it’s decent. Today I took a drive and a bunch of water boatman bugs are falling out of the air into vehicles etc. I came home to clean my pool and I now have waterboatman bugs in my pool. My Fc level is 8.5 and cya at 70 and cc is barely .5. How can I get rid of them??

I suspect you either have a golf course or some neglected pools nearby that have algae.

As nwardoh said, if your pool does not have algae, they will leave.

I suspect you either have a golf course or some neglected pools nearby that have algae.

Yes, the muni golf course is maybe 1/4 of a mile from me and yes, also surrounded by many pools. As I was cleaning outside, I was literally being attacked by them. Came inside the house and had to shake myself to get them off of me.

• Wow
Reactions: Mdragger88
Wow...I have never heard of such a thing! Thankfully the only "critter" issue we are currently having is at dusk when some bats come around to get a drink of water from the pool. As long as they don't poop in the pool or fly into me, we don't have a problem. :)

Wow...I have never heard of such a thing! Thankfully the only "critter" issue we are currently having is at dusk when some bats come around to get a drink of water from the pool. As long as they don't poop in the pool or fly into me, we don't have a problem. :)
Eek!! Bats 🦇 oh heck no

Question. It’s been about a week or so and I feel that my pool is getting infested with water bugs. Water levels seem to be fine. I know our community has been attacked by these bugs. With that being said any other advice on how to get rid of them? I don’t see viable algae and I am scrubbing walls etc. Those bugs are hovering over pool and just dropping into it. So their in the air flying and hovering over things.

Not sure you can repel them with anything. Like we said, your pool has no food for them if you do not have algae. It sounds like a localized situation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.