FC 5.5
CC 0
pH 8 - Keep adding Muratic Acid to lower to 7.6 Target = 7.6
TA 125 - Target = 80
CH 225 - Target = 350
CYA 70
Salt 3400
Water Temp 85

I know I need to correct pH and TA as well as raise my CH. But which do I do 1st? Raise CH or focus on pH & TA? Does it matter? I realize that aeration is the best route to go for the pH & TA even though it may take a while.

1. If I am in the middle of the process and can't get back to it for a day or two, will I lose the progress made, or will the numbers hold until I can continue?
2. I have an attached spa with 6 aerated jets. Can I direct all return water through these jets and then allow the aerated water to spill over in the pool?
3. After all the above is accomplished, would adding Borates be of any benefit?

If you want to lower TA aggressively, then use the spa on full blast. I did that and I was able to raise pH from 7.2 up to 7.8 in a couple hours. If you're a more patient sort, just lower pH to 7.2 every couple days. TA will come down either way. As soon as the acid mixes, you've lowered TA. Aeration just raises the pH faster. So don't worry if you can't stand there and watch it. It'll take the same amount of acid no matter what.

Calcium -- I'd add it when the pH is down. High pH can cause the water to cloud when Calcium is added. Less likely at lower pH, but not impossible. So don't panic if it happens.

Borates can wait until you've mastered the chemistry. No need to complicate things with another variable. You'll know in a month or two if your pH is a problem that borates can fix..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.