Watch this video and help me see if it is a leak

tagteamcomputing

Gold Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
Tulsa, OK
So I have been on the forum here finding tips for detecting a leak. (losing a couple inches a day) So I tested some fo the drains with ph testing solution to check for leaks. I squirted some in at the spa and fountain drains and it didnt move much at all.

Then i squirted some in front of the returns and it sucked in a little but I don't know if it was just from the fact that the water pressure is different inside the eyeball than outside.

I have loaded up a video , I am hoping someone can watch it and let me know what you think

Shared album - Tate Goodman - Google Photos

Tate,

Since all the returns are basically connected together, I'm not sure what your test is telling you... :confused:

I was under the impression that you were going to let the water drop until it stopped. Which should tell you if the problem is in your skimmer, returns or light, etc..

Did the cold weather put a stop to your letting it drop on its own?

Thanks,

Jim R.

hey Jim,
Yes, I plan to let the water drop until it stops but i am afraid to right now because we are still having freezing nights. I don't want to let it drop and then have a hard freeze and maybe bust a pipe. I will either wait until I see we have a week of no freezing in the forcast and let it drop then close it or I will wait until March when I don't have to worry about the freeze.

Am I wrong to worry about it? Maybe it is not an issue, i was afraid we would get a hard freeze and it doing some damage.

I am not sure what that tells me either, not sure if that is normal to do that or not.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.