Warrior SI - Inconsistent Cleaning

bagelman5000

May 29, 2020
Westchester, CA
I just bought a Warrior SI from Marina Pool and Spa. After having it for almost a week now, it seems as if the cleaner has a hard time turning as it doesn't actually use the treads to turn - it sort of backs up and hops into the turns, which is not successful most of the time. It seeminly ends up cleaning the same area (the deep end) over and over instead of making its way around the pool, no matter where I start it off. We have a rectangle shaped 30 X 15 in ground with mini pebble finish so I don't know if the shape or the surface is contributing to the problem. There is a bench and steps on one end of the pool and a corner step and short bench on the deep end. The pool is 3.5 ft in the shallow end and 6 ft in the deep.

Is this just the way it is going to be or did I get a bum model?

That sounds odd. My Active20 (similar to the Warrior SE) does a kind of hop to change directions. But it covers everything. Even climbs up on the deeper steps and shelves.

I would run it a few times and if things do not resolve, contact Marina.

That sounds odd. My Active20 (similar to the Warrior SE) does a kind of hop to change directions. But it covers everything. Even climbs up on the deeper steps and shelves.

I would run it a few times and if things do not resolve, contact Marina.
It is hard to tell exactly what it is covering. My pool is brand new and I am crazy about keeping it clean so very little ends up on the bottom to begin with. It also has a blue pebble finish, so I can't exactly tell where it has been. Granted, I'm not watching it the entire time it is cleaning, but whenever I poke my head out the back door, it is ALWAYS in the deep end, climbing the same spots on the wall.

Has it been like that from day one? I know if junk gets in the propeller it keeps it from moving and climbing as good
Yes, it has done this since day one. It climbs walls just fine, it just seems to have a problem getting anywhere other than the deep end. The brushes are working as they should, but it just looks like the programming and turning abilities are lacking for making sure the entire pool gets covered.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.