Silver Supporter
Jun 7, 2020
SEPA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
2nd year robot is having issues. The power supply lights look ok. The light on the robot itself illuminates. It just won't move then shuts itself off after a few minutes of trying.

It doesn't look like a power supply or power cord issue which has me focused on the motor assembly. I did have some hair tied around my impeller I had to clean out...nothing major but this was the first time I've ever cleaned the impeller. I then put the robot back together, placed it upside down out of the pool, and tried to run it to see what it would do. The tracks will move maybe 1/4", stop, and do the same the other direction.

I really don't want to buy a new motor assembly before ruling out any easier, more cost effective fixes. I saw a video a member here posted on replacing the impeller motor bearings. I can manually spin my impeller with my finger but it doesn't feel loose by any means. How should a properly working impeller feel when trying to spin it manually like this? Any other troubleshooting tips?

You need to pull the motor and open it up. My bet is there is water in there. When you open it up you’ll be able to inspect the two motors. They should be easy to turn with minimal resistance. The wheel drive motor is internally geared so it will be harder to turn but it should turn. If the motors don’t turn, they are shot. It’s not repairable. It’s the Maytronics Way ™️ - screw the customer and make them pay for expensive assemblies while keeping all cheaply swappable sub-components off the market.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.