Wardsntx Pool build

I a here....not much happening until today. They finished the paint on the waterfall. I will post soe pics in a bit.

I am not sure what I am going to do either Dave once I am done....I like getting stressed out about delays, mistakes and trash all over my yard!

Guess I'll just have to swim instead!

Post some pic later.

You're almost there!

Hope he has it done for the 25th!

MaMa G. Doubt that will happen...Hurricane Dean is looming out there in the Gulf....probably major delays. Oh well. We will eventually get it done!

Ok, here are soe pics of the final paint.....Waterfall and slide are DONE!

<a>
102_1161.jpg
</a>

<a>
102_1155.jpg
</a>

<a>
102_1157.jpg
</a>

<a>
102_1158.jpg
</a>

<a>
102_1156.jpg
</a>

<a>
102_1153.jpg
</a>

<a>
102_1165.jpg
</a>

Next, Clean up, Landscape and Plaster.

Jay,
You seem to be worried about "roughness" of the pebble textures. We have regular pebbletec, rough as it gets. My 2 yr old daughter runs back-and-forth in the beach entry constantly for hours and has never even had the slightest blister. None of us have. I actually love the texture. I actually like this texture better than regular plaster. Hope this helps ease your mind, although I don't know what you have picked.

Thanks everyone for your comments..

Dave, thanks for the response on the Pebble. I think we have decided to go with Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen with added abalone shells for the sparkle since that grade of Sheen doesn't have them.

It does help hearing how others feel about their choices. Thanks again...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks tmm...I am a big lighting person...lighting can dramatically change the ambience of a space...inside and out.

Here is another idea I thought of too late after the fact. Around the raised spa, I should have put small path accent lights shining down....similar to these http://www.intermatic.com/Default.asp?a ... id=1&sid=3
Anyway....plan to do more lighting once the landscape is done.

crazycanuck....that's funny. Maybe I should get a little Yoda statue to put up inside the cave to welcome it's visitors!

Vegasmom...I just saw your post asking about the decking. Yes, it is exposed aggregate. We debated over this choice, but we are very happy with our choice...it works well with all the other rock, and it really doesn't get that hot on the feet. Hopefully this hurricane will go away and we can get this thing finished.

I wanted to do those lights on our steps leading down to the firepit, but codes won't allow it. Too close to the water. Anyway, your lighting looks amazing so far. I love the way your rock feature turned out!

I would really like to do exposed aggregate on our outer deck areas. We are worried about it being rough to walk on. Same reason we opted not to do a pebble finish. I see you are getting Primera Stone. My PB offers this and we're contracted for the Altima but we still have time to change our minds. Can't wait to see yours done!

Karin

I think you'll love your pebble choice, especially adding the shells.

BTW, have you done your Lowe's/HD pre-hurricane round-up? I got my ply-lox yesterday along with some other essentials. I guess it's getting that time of year. Last year spoiled us.

Hey Dave...went and looked at a pool today w/ Aqua Blue Sheen...sold!

No Ply-Lox...we never board up this far north of town...now that I say that, we'll probably get hit this year.

Ed, no prob. I'll take some pics and post tomorrow and explain what they did.

Fire Pit built today. Getting closer.

crazycanuck....that's funny. Maybe I should get a little Yoda statue to put up inside the cave to welcome it's visitors!

That was a good one. Since you've spared to expense yet, I say you go with an animatronic yoda.

The rocks look great, better than some of the ones I had to haul from the rock yard, IMHO. The lights look fantastic also, I didn't give much thought to lights when budgeting for the pool, so they will all be from the out-of-budget stash.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.