Want to make sure I'm starting off right

I wanna look into getting one of those floating skimmers to help and I need a better vacuum. The cheap one I got doesn't get they really small stuff. It's just one of the ones that hooks up to a hose with a bag attached. Saw a battery powered one with an internal bag that I liked. I'll get that one pretty soon.

I tried an Intex floating skimmer, but it didn't attach to the inlet size I have. Saw another one with different size fittings, so I'll probably try that one to help keep it clean.

Looks like borax or soda ash. Was gonna use the pool school on that one. Recommendations?

You got this. Yep for sure, PoolMath is an amazing tool :)

- - - Updated - - -

There's a feature at the bottom that shows effects of adding chems, so you can see what will happen to both pH and TA, which can be helpful depending what the goals are.

I must say we are definitely enjoying this and once the levels were good, it's not hard keeping em there. Now I have to raise the ph. Going to get some borax I guess. I'll put it in while the little one is taking a nap so it has plenty of time to get where it needs. Already thinking about what all I wanna do with a permanent above ground. Also thinking of going bigger the a 24' like I had originally planned. Just having too much fun!

Been a couple weeks and everything is all good. Still need to get a better vacuum cause the one I have doesn't get all the dirt and stuff completely off the bottom. Manual skimming isn't bad. There's not too much stuff floating around. Levels are real easy now. Most of the time I don't even measure and it's right on in the morning. Thanks for everybody that helped. Hopefully I'll get good enough to give some advice before long. Again, thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.