Want to install a pool fountain

Hamzah

Apr 23, 2019
Thailand/Los Angeles
Hello, our pool in Southern Thailand have many bugs/flies, and those pugs bring frogs, and those frogs bring snakes. I was reading on internet that I should install some kind of a water fountain in order to keep the water moving. This they say will get rid of the bugs. My question is, can I just install a pond fountain and put it somewhere in the pool, or does the pool requires a special pool fountain?

Thanks,
Hamzah

You can use just about anything to create a fountain in your pool. Either a return water line going back to the pool, or installing a seperate pump for such a feature. Curious to see if that works though. Once upon a time I built a large water garden that had moving water and of course the sound of water flowing all the time. It actually attracted critters. So let us know how your plan works out. Good luck!

You can use just about anything to create a fountain in your pool. Either a return water line going back to the pool, or installing a seperate pump for such a feature. Curious to see if that works though. Once upon a time I built a large water garden that had moving water and of course the sound of water flowing all the time. It actually attracted critters. So let us know how your plan works out. Good luck!

So, sound of moving water will bring new creatures. Makes sense. I was also thinking of making a fish pond...which also will have a sound of moving water.

I'm looking at something cheap that keeps the water moving for 24 hours. The pump that we have runs only for 8 hours a day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.