Want to eliminate blower from my spa.

aquaman

May 28, 2008
Pleasanton, CA
Hi,
Polaris 1-480-02 lid cracked and no replacements.
Will remove the blower for now.
My blower and my spa are separate buttons on the IntelliTouch. They do not go on together. We never use the blower since the kids flew the coop.
With spa on there are fine bubbles from jets.

1. Does this air come from blower pipe even though blower is off?
2. If I cap the pipe I will get no bubble action from jets when the spa is on? None or much less?
2. This is a vertical pipe. Can I put and adjustable valve on the top of the pipe to allow air in for spa jets? What should I buy?

Last edited:
Put a couple of 90° elbows on the vertical pipe - in a 'U' shape with the open end pointing down. This will help prevent stuff from falling into the open pipe.
Based on how your air/blower loop was designed, it may pull some air into the pipe and jets.

Hello, If you want to salvage the Polaris, you could try fiberglassing the old cover. I did this with mine about 7 years ago now... The key is that your old blower cover, while cracked, can provide a mold of sorts for the fiberglass. You must make sure that the cover retains its shape while you fiberglass it. I did this by
(1) leaving the cover on the blower initially
(2) Carefully masking the blower so that any fiberglass resin drippings don't get on anything (or inside).
(3) Putting enough fiberglass on to make the cover hold its shape. Especially at the base and over any cracked pieces. Leaving the cover on the blower will make sure it will fit when the glass is hardened.
(4) Removing the cover and putting several layers of fiberglass mat over the whole thing (done on workbench :)
(5) Drill mounting holes that have been clogged with glass or resin.

For (2) I just took a stiff plastic bag and put it over the blower then, put the cover over it. This to keep any resin from dripping inside while I was working.

It worked out well for me. Attached pic of blower 7 years on. I hope this helps someone- I don't use the blower too much either but didn't want to pay $80 for a new cover...

Attachments

• IMG_20230525_172341507.jpg
    IMG_20230525_172341507.jpg
    613.3 KB · Views: 14
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.