Dec 6, 2021
N Las Vegas, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi,
Great site! Ok, I have an Easytouch automation, and everything is working fine. I have 2 schedules (one for 2 to 5 AM, and the other 10 to 2 PM). I will increase when the weather gets warmer. Currently I have my pump at like 2000 for those times. What I want to do is to add another schedule (in the morning like at 6 am to like 10am, at full speed so I can get the pool vacuum and the drains do more work for a couple hours). If I can do that I will move my 2am schedule and just add it to the late afternoon. This way I will have a full speed pool for 4 hours in the AM and then a more normal 2000 from like 10pm to like 3 am.
When I go to schedule it doesn't give me the option to change the pump speed. The only place I can change the pump speed is in the Screenlogic config app. So it seems like the pool speed is not tied to schedules, but to the config side. I tried in the config by adding an aux setting, but it wont let me, as I change the pump speed it changes it globally.
I know I am probably missing something simple!
Thanks Curt

Curt,

The whole point of having a VS pump is to run as slow as you can. For reference I run my IntelliFlo at 1200 RPM which is plenty fast enough to turn on my SWCG and skim well. That said, it is your pool and you can run it anyway you like.

Here is how you set up speeds on the EasyTouch...

Speeds are assigned to Circuits. You can only have one speed per Circuit. When you turn on, or schedule a Circuit, the pump will run at the speed you have assigned.

I assume that you do not have a SWCG, so it is not important that you close the Pump/Filter relay.

Here is my speed set up page from ScreenLogic on my PC. You can also see this same info on your phone using ScreenLogic Configuration app.

Tell me if you have an EasyTouch Lite (PL4 or PSL4) as these units only have 4 schedule max.

Please let me know if this does not make sense,

Jim R.

Sorry for the late Reply...what your display is what I want to do. I do not have a SWG system. On the program, I only have the pool, spa, and water bubbler (and lights). I was looking to see about making circuits, but it doesnt give me the option to add a circuit. Im not sure how to tell if I have 4 or 8 scedule. As I stated, I only have the 2 schedules as of right now. I dont want to run my pump that high either, so I was running it 1250, but it barely makes the robot cleaner move (but it is moving). That's why I am trying to do a skim high setting for a couple hours in the morning before I swim, to get the surface debris. I think I might be trying to do both (the robot, and skim) at the same time since they are on different valves.
Curt

Curt,

Show me this page from ScreenLogic set up.

Show me a couple of pics of your EasyTouch..

I need to see the control panel and I also need to see all the relays.

Just so you know. A "Robot" runs off of low voltage DC, and has nothing to do with the speed of the pump. You have either a suction side, or pressure side, water powered cleaner.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks for the quick reply. I have to get to my laptop, because on my phone it doesn't have that. When I go to setup circuits, I have to select the circuit individually. Sorry I mis-spoke I have a suction side water cleaner. Its strange if I look on my tablet the Screenlogic program is different, then the phone different, and finally laptop different.

Curtis,

The EasyTouch comes with a set number of built in Circuits.

Pool With ET-4 or 8
Spa
Aux 1
Aux 2
Aux 3

Aux 4 With an ET-8
Aux 5
Aux 6
Aux 7

Feature 1 With ET-4 or 8
Feature 2
Feature 3
Feature 4
Feature 5
Feature 6
Feature 7
Feature 8

You can't make new Circuits. You use the ones that are available and just Name them what you want.

As an example.. If your lights are connected to the Aux 2 relay, the you can use it that way, or better just rename Aux 2 as "Lights" etc.

For pump speeds you do not need a relay, so you use a Feature circuit. So in my example above, my Feature 1 is named "Skim Low" and Feature 2 is named "Skim High"

Thanks,

Jim R.

Sorry for the delay. I have attached pictures on my laptop, as it provide the same as your photos. I did get it to work though by using the feature as you suggested. I called it hi skim, but everywhere it just shows up as feature one. Hey as long as I know what it means, that's all that matters right? lol It is sort of weird that between my PC, Phone (Android), and tablet (Android), they all have different versions of the screen logic program. As you can see my PC version of the screenlogic config is 5.2, and on my android phone is 1.0.0.44 , and the screen logic is 2.0.0.96. I wonder since these programs have all different versions, would one patch update them all? Do they do autoupdate??

Thanks again for the help!
Curt

Attachments

• firmware.jpg
    firmware.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 3
  • screen logic1.png
    screen logic1.png
    176.6 KB · Views: 3
Curt,

You just need to rename "Feature 1" as Skim high or whatever you want. The system always sees it as Feature 1, the name you use is just for you to remember what is what. Use the below screen to name Circuits whatever you want.

You can see in order.. Circuit, then Circuit Name, and Then Circuit Function (I suggest that you leave the Function as Generic for most things, unless actually needed)

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: curtisb
Thanks for the quick reply and the huge help! So...did yo happen to read the rest of message about all the different version numbers? Everything is working fine now, so I dont want to start updating, but will in the future? I guess there is no one stop shopping for the protocol adapter and the screen logic software. I noticed a lot of people upgrading the intellicenter software, but it sounds like I cant use that, correct?

Curt,

As a general rule whatever software you had when the EasyTouch was made is what you are stuck with. If you have really old F/W it can be updated, but in most cases, it is not necessary or needed. It takes special equipment and is not done by the pool owner.

This is one advantage of the new IntelliCenter. It automatically gets updated just like your PC gets updated or the internet.

The IntelliCenter is not a program, but rather a whole new automation system.

I have the EasyTouch, and would love to have the new IntelliCenter, but to be honest, the EasyTouch with ScreenLogic does everything I need, so I can't justify spending any money to upgrade. I'd gain no operational capabilities from the upgrade. It might help me answer more questions here at TFP, but I can't keep up with the demand as it is ... :mrgreen:

I guess there is no one stop shopping for the protocol adapter and the screen logic software.

Not sure what you mean?? Pentair P/N 522104 is the ScreenLogic Bundle where you get the Protocol Adapter and the tow wireless links. It is what I have.

The Software is free on Pentair's website.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks again! Your right screen logic works fine for me. I will have to look on my adapter and then see if it needs to be upgraded...but like the old adage says "if it aint broke, dont try to fix it!"

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.