Wanda the whale vacuum problems

Aug 4, 2017
Greenville
I have just received my purchase of Wanda the whale vacuum. Cannot figure out how to hook her up to my Coleman 26x52 pool with sand filter. I have tried multiple ways and she refuses to move! Please help! My pool has one outlet that puts out water. And 2 outlets that suck in trash/water. New to pools and feeling lost with this vacuum hook up!!!

I plug mine into the skimmer over the pool wall to prevent the hose from kinking. I'm not sure why the instructions suggest to put the filter in backwash mode for cleaning. I leave mine in filter mode until done, disconnect Wanda, then backwash according to the filter instructions.

My "Aquacritter", (same cleaner, different body).
I hook mine right thru the skimmer and it works fine, I do not run it on backwash, just on normal filtration.
Also mine came with a nifty vacuum tester to check the water flow, and it has an adjuster to regulate the vacuum (too little or too much water flow will affect the operation of the cleaner)
Mine did not come with very good instructions, but if you google for the owners manual, you will find everything you need, HTH...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.