Greater Houston
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I went to my local walmart this past week and all of the LC was gone. Not one bottle left.....a month ago they had a fresh shipment in and was fully stocked..I bought 10-12 jugs and thought Id be good for a while.....Is anyone else seeing this?
Houston area.....

Not sure if this a product of factories being shut down or if walmart will no longer stock it?

It’s pretty much hit/miss in most places. We all got away with it early on because most of the public didn’t equate liquid pool shock with bleach, but now that the season is in full swing, places get cleaned out often. Check HD/Lowe’s, Menards, hardware stores, ocean state job lot, etc.

Ok I just wanted to be sure that walmart wasnt dropping it.....was hoping it was either cleaned out from folks going nuts over cleaning supplies or that maybe supplies are just low from factory being shut in.....Both better news than product dropped...I have two walmarts close to me and neither have it...both are stocking the chlorox pool brand stuff

Your best bet is to talk to the associate over the pool supplies dept and maybe they will tell you when they're expecting a shipment. Once you know that, you can plan on being at the store the next morning before there's a rush on it.

I mostly gave up on the wal-marts and home depots due to the supply being hit or miss. I'll buy a few jugs if I happen to see it while I'm there for something else, but my main supply is now Pinch A Penny. They always have it, and it's only a little more expensive.

Walmarts are hit and miss in my area as well. I have two stores that are close by and few weeks ago I got 6 gallons from one, while the other had none. But now both have no liquid chlorine. Should've bought more when I had the chance. Thankfully Ace Hardware had a sale on LC, so I stocked up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Interesting how this is happening. At HD supply is erratic, price is up significantly and date codes show product manufactured in early March 2020. :scratch:

yeah Im thinking there was some supply disruption with the run on cleaning supplies

I got some this weekend. They had plenty on the shelves. Make sure to check the manufacture date code. They obviously don't rotate their stock, because they had some year old jugs on the back of the shelf, but the newer ones were in front.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.