Walmart chlorine

Jun 30, 2016
Savannah
So for those of us that use the Walmart $5.67 chlorine, are you having trouble getting it? Used to have it delivered about once every two weeks but haven’t been able to get a delivery in over a week now. Scared my economical source has come to an end. What are the alternatives??

Maybe call your local store and see if they have any in stock. I usually by 15-20 at a time and buy more when I see I’m down to 2-3.

Just today I went to reorder my 12 bottles of $5.67/gallon chlorine from Walmart, and it is unavailable. Darn. I'm in Boise, Idaho so the swimming season is coming to a close. They do have the 2-gallon pack available, but it's $17.13/2-gallons. I'm desperate for somewhat affordable liquid chlorine to finish out the season, so I ordered five 2-packs. After I ordered it, I searched the internet and saw on Waterguru.com that they sell gallon jugs of 10% for THREE DOLLARS?!!

• Wow
Reactions: Brian PacNW
I can’t believe the 2 gallons were $17.
I bought 20 a few weeks ago at Walmart and it was about $11 for the 2 packs. Geez Louise.

I bought 5 gal from Pinch A Penny. They sell it in bulk, I took a 5 Gal container with the chlorine warning labels on them. Was about $25.

I reuse the gallon jugs from the walmart brand to make it easier to handle.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I had 8 gallons delivered on August 22nd for free. I just add enough to hit the free delivery limit.

I wanted to wait a couple of years to go SWG, but this may force my hand. If not I may go to Trichlor. It's a lot cheaper than LC right now. I'd just have to dump some water every month.

so - have you guys been buying online at walmart, and having it delivered?

i didn't think they would deliver it...

do they charge for shipping?
there is a charge for having it delivered from a local store. But if I check the “ship it“ button, it’s free. But it doesn’t come via UPS or anything. It comes the next day by regular people in regular cars. Like door-dashers or something. I put my red wagon out front with a note and a tip. It’s worked great, but they are now out of stock. UPDATE: the two-packs I ordered yesterday have been delayed. Maybe they are out of stock also. Argggh.

there is a charge for having it delivered from a local store. But if I check the “ship it“ button, it’s free. But it doesn’t come via UPS or anything. It comes the next day by regular people in regular cars. Like door-dashers or something. I put my red wagon out front with a note and a tip. It’s worked great, but they are now out of stock. UPDATE: the two-packs I ordered yesterday have been delayed. Maybe they are out of stock also. Argggh.
Mine was delivered via FedEx.

Home Depot is the only option I have right now at ~$8.33 a gallon (3 gallons for 24.98). My Lowes doesn't have any LC in stock.

One option for liquid chlorine is to reach out to the larger commercial pressure washer companies in your area. They often buy 12.5% bleach in bulk. They may get it from some local supplier who is willing to sell to individuals. There is a place in the Houston area that wil sell as much or little as you want of 12.5% for $3 / gallon. They get shipments at least weekly and store it in double-waled tanks so there is not a lot of strength degradtion. They sell empty 5 gallon containers for $10 or you can bring your own 1-10+ containers.

There may be other cleaning or chemical companies in your area that will sell to retail customers. Just make sure whatever you get only contains sodium hypochlorite and water with no additives.

Just today I went to reorder my 12 bottles of $5.67/gallon chlorine from Walmart, and it is unavailable. Darn. I'm in Boise, Idaho so the swimming season is coming to a close. They do have the 2-gallon pack available, but it's $17.13/2-gallons. I'm desperate for somewhat affordable liquid chlorine to finish out the season, so I ordered five 2-packs. After I ordered it, I searched the internet and saw on Waterguru.com that they sell gallon jugs of 10% for THREE DOLLARS?!!
Sadly I can’t get past the address part on water guru as they only show the location on the northern part of my highway (same #’s but different zip) they must use apple maps - it routinely sends people there & gets them lost. Maybe I should strike a deal with that homeowner lol - its just down the street.
Edit- I put their address in & no joy on liquid chlorine, just powdered products 😥

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.