Walmart Bleach- Concentrated vs Cleaning

440dodge440

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 7, 2015
South Central PA
I saw Walmart concentrated bleach is now 6% concentration. This is the same as Walmart cleaning bleach. Is there any difference between these now? Neither appeared to be easy pour or anything like that. Concentrated is $2.94 and cleaning is$1.77.

Attachments

• 8D23EFBA-E97F-4CA7-994B-F2CCA7E9A78B.jpg
    8D23EFBA-E97F-4CA7-994B-F2CCA7E9A78B.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 241
I went to WM yesterday looking for bleach and they only had a few old bottles of the Cleaning (8.25%) on the shelf. Everything else was this new Concentrated bottle ( listed as 6%). The price on each was 2.94 per bottle. Looks like I will have to search out a new source for bleach or go to their pool section which had 10% there last year.

I noticed that 6% on the new labels for the concentrated also. I wonder if that is a misprint on the new labels. They shouldn't have two different labeled bleaches that are both 6%.

I visited two Austin Walmarts two days ago and also found only a couple old jugs of 8% concentrated bleach left.

I can't imagine the 6% concentration is a misprint on an entirely new jug label. I expect they have switched suppliers.

Please chime in for other economical places to buy bleach for my pool.

Thanks

This is a known issue. Both WalMart and Clorox have lowered their percentages to 6% for the same price. The WalMart "concentrated" and "cleaning" are the exact same thing. It appears the 10% bottles in the pool section are still ok, although in my location they've been a little old. Target and your local grocery store may still have 8.25%. Cleaning supply stores may have higher % in larger bulk as well.

So it is safe to use the walmart cleaning bleach in my pool just like the concentrated? Just wanna make sure. The cleaning bleach is a lot cheaper and the same 6%.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Surely someone can comment on one what is going on in this space at retail.

I haven’t bought much bleach this year until now but we are all wise to what’s up- Walmart and dollar general both are selling regular and “concentrated” bleach @ 6.0%.

Same experience here- at Kroger it is still there at 3 bucks, but I think Walmart’s brand of Pool Essentials is a marginally better deal of 10% at $3.64

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.