North Attleboro, Massachusetts
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
I understand that AGP robots are not designed to climb walls because they can't overcome the sharp transition between the floor and the wall.

My question is: how "soft" does the transition have to be, and is there any way to tell if any robot will climb my pool's wall?

My pool has a softer transition between floor and wall where it drops 6" over a 19" span going away from the wall. The attached picture shows some of this slope.

Is there a robot I can buy - or test before buying - that might climb my wall? If I'm going to spend money to reduce work and save time, I'd rather spend a bit more and save more time and work.

Attachments

• PH000058_4718592.JPG
    PH000058_4718592.JPG
    772 KB · Views: 7
  • PH000066_4404019.JPG
    PH000066_4404019.JPG
    697.8 KB · Views: 7
Wish I could give you a better answer but, here goes. I've had a robot for the better part of 5 years now. I haven't used it in over 2 yrs on my AGP. The fact that I have stairs (occasionally would get trapped) but, mostly due to the fact it didn't do a great job at removing the pollen & fines off the bottom of the pool. It would run for hours... pool would look great & then the next morning after things settled back down, it'd look dirty again.

I considered one of the suction side vacuum cleaners that should do part of the walls in an AGP (Kreepy Krawly) but, in the end...I wound up with a standard vacuum head & I climb in with a beer in one hand and vacuum it myself. I can do a better job of getting small sand, pollen, silt than the robot ever did (I never really get many leaves, or bigger stuff that the robots are better at). I am not aware of any AGP robots that will do walls. Sorry.
Best of luck in your search.
Respectfully,

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.