Waiting on test kit.

This is probably a dumb question but why does the OTO chlorine test show a very very pale yellow (which looks like no chlorine) but when I use the TF 100 for FC it is 10
Cuz it aint reliable and there is your proof. :)
Should that pale yellow concern me or should I only be concerned with the FC/CC
Do the powder test as your usual method. If you want to spot check it on a busy day, and the shade of yellow agrees that you have plenty of FC to stay above minimum, than that’s just fantastic and enjoy your day.

Reactions: JRichardson
Well there is the other train of thought too. Maybe your drops were too small making it less yellow. Good for future knowledge either way, but *anytime* a test comes back wonky, do it again and slow it down. We are all far too occupied with everything else that it’s way too easy to squirt and not drop. The literal 5 seconds saved per test by being in a hurry could be the difference between TFP clear and yelling like Shrek to get out of your swamp.

Bottle goes fully upside down and gentle soft squeeze to let gravity make perfect, repeatable, drops.

As a side note, I rarely used my block FC test and the bottle was firmer from less use. Maybe it needs some more breaking in. Or hack it to modify it to how it’s working for you. If you can get multiple tests that need a 6th drop to match the expected FC of the powder test, then use 6 drops until that doesn’t match anymore.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Its crazy. The taylor OTO test shows no chlorine (or very very little) but the same test with my pentair kit is orange (lots of chlorine).
I'm coming off of a SLAM and this morning added another 2 1/2 lbs of CYA to make a total of 5 lbs using the sock method.
My current numbers are:
FC 14.5
CC .5
Ph 7.2
TA 100
CYA 60
CH 125
Is it ok to stop running my pump for 24 hrs or does adding CYA require me to have to run it for 24 hrs afterwards? Should my CYA numbers be accurate this evening after adding the 2 1/2 lbs this morning? And, by looking at my current numbers, is there anything else you guys recommend I address now as I am letting my CYA drift up and FC drift down?

Once your stabilizer has fully dissolved from the sock, you can run or stop the pump as you wish. You should have a fairly accurate CYA reading tomorrow. Your numbers look good. I'd let everything ride and just monitor like normal for a few days.

Should my CYA numbers be accurate this evening after adding the 2 1/2 lbs this morning?
Sock method in front of a return, yes
Skimmer sock and possibly slooooooooowly dissolving while trapped in the filter, probably not for a few days or up to a week.

Is it ok to stop running my pump for 24 hrs or does adding CYA require me to have to run it for 24 hrs afterwards?
It can't hurt to keep mixing. unless it hurts the electric bill. :ROFLMAO: if you did the return sock, its good by now.
And, by looking at my current numbers, is there anything else you guys recommend I address now as I am letting my CYA drift up and FC drift down
Looking GREAT to me. (y) the TA is fine but towards the high end. It will find its own happy place as you manage the PH. Don't worry about the PH until 8. All 7s are good for vinyl usually, csi is all but irrelevant for you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.