Waiting on start up company - how to avoid green pool in the interim? Pump is off.

EndlessSummerAZ

May 18, 2023
Phoenix
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Had to have our new pool PebbleTec redone to fix some color issues. Pool was filled Thursday night and our pool builder was supposed to have the start up company out on Friday but they were a no show. They’re supposed to be here Monday.

The pump is off (no power). Is there anything I can do over the next couple of days so I don’t get a green pool? Already worried it sat all day Friday.

I don’t want to turn the pump on myself to void any warranties from the pool builder as they advised a start up company needs to do it.

I don’t want to turn the pump on myself to void any warranties from the pool builder as they advised a start up company needs to do it.
ES,

This is our problem also.. We have plenty of ideas, but we don't want to give your pool builder any reason to claim that you "caused" the plaster to go bad...

In my opinion, your only valid option is to let your pool builder do his thing... :cry:

Thanks,

Jim R.

We've fixed pools that sat for years. Like. Literal black swamps with animals living in the foliage that jungled up.

If the water gets a little funky because the startup people are slow, it won't be the worst thing that happened this week.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.