Waiting on Plastering

tuyenie

May 16, 2019
North Richland Hills, TX
We've been waiting on plastering for almost a month now. Was wondering if anyone was able to get plastering done with minimal weeping or did you have to wait for the weeping to fully stop before they're able to schedule the plastering. It's been frustrating since we would go about a week without rain and nothing was scheduled then we get a rain storm and then we have to wait for the weeping to stop again.

See picture below

T,

I had to wait about 4 or 5 months, but mine was a lot worse than yours... They had to remove the decking on two sides of the pool and install a 50 ' long, 18" wide, 6 foot deep trench filled with gravel with a french drains in the bottom.. The french drains leads to a sump pump that runs 24/7 and never runs out of water, even in the middle of the summer..

So.. I'd be happy with what you have... as it could be a lot worse... :)

It does not have to be perfectly dry, it just can't be pouring in..

It is the plaster guy's call as they have to warranty it.

Who is your pool builder??

Thanks,

Jim R.

My pool builder is Venture Custom Pools. Last couple of days it seems the weeping has decreased. I checked this morning and there's no water buildup at the basin of the pool. So hopefully a few more dry days it'll be ready as long as we do not get anymore rain here in DFW. Crossing fingers.

I’m in the same boat and venture custom pools is my pool builder. We have been waiting a month to plaster but because of weeping, the plaster guys came and left. It’s so frustrating. I hate living in a construction zone.

We finally were able to get plastering done about 2 weeks ago, but I guess there was an issue with the blower and relay not being installed. So we're waiting on that to have everything finished. At least we're able to use the pool finally so my kids are happy. Hope you guys get yours done soon.

@Iyare82, venture custom pools is my pool builder too. Overall besides the delays, everything has turned out great for us as far as the pool and outdoor kitchen construction.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.