Waiting On New Pump, Temporary Filter Possibility?

Yev

Jul 29, 2014
Independence, KY
So I am resigned to needing a new pump, but based upon where I live, looks like it is going to be about 5 days at minimum without a pump. I will stick the floater in teh pool, and add liquid chlorine. I have a 1/3HP utility sump pump I can put into teh pool to circulate the chlorine faster throughout the pool.

My question, is there any away to rig up any type of water filter to my utility pump. First piece of information, I know I don't have anything at home that would do this, I would need to go to Lowes, walmart, or similar, etc.

Could I shove the hose that comes out of the utility pump into the skimmer line and direct the water into my sand filter? Or anyone have any other ideas. RIght now my water if crystal clear perfect, and we are getting 100 degree days for the next week, so keeping the water clear is a goal.

No suggestion is a bad one.

I would think adding CL and circulating the water with a sump pump would be sufficient unless you already have debris that you are worried about. Possibly raising CL to slam if you are worried. Of course brushing and hand skimming while you are getting wet in the hot weather is an option too! ?

Don’t worry about the filtering.

Keep adding LC and maintain the FC/CYA Levels. Mix it with a pump or stir the water with the pole.

Once you get the system running the filter will do its work.

I don’t think you can get enough pressure with a utility pump output through the skimmer to get flow through the filter and out returns.

How are you going to plumb the gap where your pump was?

Let us know how it goes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.