VSP wiring to mechanical timer

Feb 28, 2017
Elk Grove
I am replacing my old whisperflo 1.5hp with a SuperFlo VS (342001) in the next few weeks. I recieved my pump replacement yesterday and it seems to be wired the same way the old pump was setup (line-line-ground). Can I just re-use the old wiring and remove the "On/Off" metal tags in the timer and use the pump control panel to run the pump? Below is an article I ran across that seems close to what Im describing. I have no other control panel other than a goldline aquarite SWG panel. Thanks!

http://blog.poolcenter.com/article.aspx?articleid=6268

Yes, you can, mine was wired that way for a while until I decided I wanted to use that timer for my SWG only and run my pump independently. So, I wired my pump to the line connections so the pump powered all the time. I control my pump with the control panel and I control the on/off times for the SWG with my timer. Just make sure to keep the timeclock time synced to the pump time and run the SWG well inside the pump run window so that the SWG is never on when the pump is off.

How did you wire the pump directly to the Line connections? As Im reading the timer controls all the terminals not just some of the terminals? I currently have my lights and waterfall wired to the timer as well but have some sort of x10 wireless controller wired in as well. IMG_20170223_180617.jpg

There are two sets of terminals. Two line and two load. The two line terminals are wired to the circuit breaker and are hot all the time. The two load terminals are switched on and off by the timeclock. Take the two hot wires going to the pump and move them from the load terminals to the line terminals. Your SWG is probably already wired to the load terminals. The X10 box is probably wired to the light only to turn the light on and off with a remote control.

The terminals are under the black cover that says do not remove.

There are two sets of terminals. Two line and two load. The two line terminals are wired to the circuit breaker and are hot all the time. The two load terminals are switched on and off by the timeclock. Take the two hot wires going to the pump and move them from the load terminals to the line terminals. Your SWG is probably already wired to the load terminals. The X10 box is probably wired to the light only to turn the light on and off with a remote control.

The terminals are under the black cover that says do not remove.

Finished wiring and install this weekend! Took your advice and wired to bypass the timer. Much better idea. Kept the SWG on the timer. Appreciate all the help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.