VS Pump and Laminar Fountains

Mar 26, 2014
United States
Hey All,

My 1hp 1-speed pump sprung a hefty leak and i'm considering replacing it with a VS rather than rebuild an old pump. I have a small ~14k gallon pool and last summer I added 2 laminar fountains that we like to run most of the time. The current pump runs 7 hours a day and has no issues running the fountains. I generally crack the fountain valve 1/3 open to get the desired flow. Pool has no automation or SWG.

Question is this: Will using a VS pump in my situation be worth it? Can it run 2 fountains at low rpm or will it need to run harder. Without automation I cant schedule the laminars to come on/off, I currently do it by hand and its not a big deal in my situation. My concern is the pump needs to be throttled up and I wont save enough money to pay for the upgrade in a timely manner. Whats everyones experience with these things?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.