Rolesville, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
I have few very small brown stains on my fiberglass pool. (0.5-1 inches or so in diameter). I'm thinking iron stains. Chlorine level is bit high for the last few days so they do not seem to be organic (FC=7, CYA 60).

I'm planning on trying magic eraser on the spots first (saw a post that recommended that). If this is not successful, was planning on trying vitamin C.

Questions:

1.) best method of using vitamin C (saw variable different methods from putting tablets in sock and rubbing versus just rubbing a tablet on the stain) ?
2.) any preferences about vitamin C powder versus tablets ?

Thanks,

Karl

Using a sock and crushing the tablets up a bit seems to work best. If you have real, plain, vitamin C tablets you can try just rubbing them on the stain. I would not use powder as it would dissipate really quick.

Using a sock and crushing the tablets up a bit seems to work best. If you have real, plain, vitamin C tablets you can try just rubbing them on the stain. I would not use powder as it would dissipate really quick.
Thanks Marty. Have you heard of anyone having any luck just using magic eraser ?

I just had to do the crushed vitamin c in a sock. It was very easy and very quick. I took 5 tablets, the big ones from Sam’s Club, put them in the sock and smashed them with my aluminum water bottle. Held it on the stain with my foot for about 5 sec and it was gone. I really thought it was going to take more effort than that.

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.