Viron 10 - salt chlorinating cell querry

Feb 24, 2017
Australia
Hi All,

new user / 1st Post! so bear with me pls

I have an Astral Viron 10 automated system. (salt chlorinator)
I've got my AI mode timers set for an hr on our 1500litre spa & 8hrs on my 23000Litre pool. each day
I'm concerned with totally different readings between my viron system / test strips & water tests results from my pool shop.

My viron tells me chlorine is high, but my test strips are inconclusive/low & my pool shop test had ZERO chlorine results.
I have not seen my salt cell power on, on the occassions I have gone out to check - I guess due to viron telling me chlorine is high...

Pool & system is only 18 months old. Everything up until now has worked like clock work.
I've cleaned my ORP & PH sensors, maybe I need to wait for another 24hrs

2+ weeks ago, A child left a partial "gift" in their swim costume whilst moving between the pool & spa.
I chlorine bombed the pool a little (with chlorine)
2 weeks later - & for the 1st time ever I've had what I would assume is a Algea (very faint brown film on parts of my spa seating and noticable in my white skimmer basket of the pool. The pool & spa water looks otherwise very clear, not discoloured or cloudy.

So I'm wondering which test result do I trust... could my Viron calibration be out of wack...? and need re-calibrating based on my pool shop results...
what should I do from here....

Hi there! I am glad you found us! We can get your all fixed up with the pool. You just think it looks good now. Wait until we get done with it! It will look like a jewel!

I will tell you that we do not put much if any stock in pool store testing :( They are there to make money and more are poorly trained or rushed or....so their test results tend to be off more than on.

I do see you have a fancy tester. You have found the down spot on those-needing to be re-calibrated.

Is there any way you can get a drop and powder test kit from here:

Kits Clear Choice Labs

They are our go to on your side of the world. Their tests are good ones and they have good cust. service as well!

I would love to see a picture or 10 of your pool and area!

Here is some reading for you to do. Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry This is the corner stone of what we teach here at TFP.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.