Vinyl repair

brasilmom

Jul 23, 2011
Brookfield, WI
Hello. I hope yo are all having a wonderful summer.

Our weather has been great this year and we are loving it all. This week I notice a small whole in my liner, above water level an don the side of the pool that get all the mid to end of the sun. I have a patch repair kit and went ahead and did the repair. Next day I noticed that the whole got bigger, but it is covered with the patch. It appears to have stopped the growth. Then I found a pin size whole and figure I would cover that one too to avoid it getting bigger. I just put the patch, but the minute I put teh patch, the whole really got bigger like stretched out. I was very gentle when applying the patch so I cannot understand what went wrong. Any ideas?
Thanks

Show us pics of the holes and patches.

We often recommend putting on a double overlapping layer of patching. Patch the hole and then put a larger patch over the first patch.

@zea3 @Casey

If this hole is growing just by you touching it, it sounds like you need a new liner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.