NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I needed to drain the pool today, I put the pump on a timer but for some reason it didnt shut off. I wound up draining about 4-6" below the returns.
Is this ok or do I need to add water back? Pool is vinyl liner.

What are you doing that required you to drain the pool?

Mesh cover and the pool was full ? You'd have to check with your manufacturer because some say they can sag 12 inches and others 18 inches. You'll probably need to put some water back.

Mesh cover and the pool was full ? You'd have to check with your manufacturer because some say they can sag 12 inches and others 18 inches. You'll probably need to put some water back.
Yeah mesh cover and the water level got too high. The cover doesn't really sag at all. Even if the water was up 6 more inches the cover prob wouldnt hit the water.

Even if the water was up 6 more inches the cover prob wouldnt hit the water.
It may when it's wet and likely will if it's covered in snow/ice. At that point, the water will support the cover from sagging further.

It may when it's wet and likely will if it's covered in snow/ice. At that point, the water will support the cover from sagging further.
I’ll keep an eye on the cover for a bit. I was mostly concerned with the pool itself. I wasn’t sure exactly how low a vinyl pool can go.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.