Vinyl pool looks has a depression. Could it be a sinkhole issue?

WW2022

Jun 2, 2023
Middle TN
Hi, I am having a pool built. Everything seemed to be running smooth until the end of Feb. They went to drain the pool and smooth it out for the liner. Now there has always been water in the deep end (8') since the start. So, at first they tell me that the have to wait for the pool to dry out and leave a sump pump in the deep end. 1 month goes by then 2 and there is still water even with the pump. They dig down and place some poolcrete into this hole and come back a week later. The patch was pushed up so the dug it out and placed a pump back in and I was told to wait for dryer weather. At this point you can see the water flowing into the hole like there is a facet on. 1 month later they say they are dropping my liner even with the water still flowing in. The guy says he is going to use hydro cement and poolcrete and then place the liner on top, and he does. Within one day of filling the pool I notice a depression in the same spot the dug up. I was told to stop putting water in the pool. Another month goes by and they drain the water pull back the liner and pour more poolcrete into the hole. I was told that while he was messing with it that slab it had sunk an additional 6-8" and that during this time the ground water poured in about 3". The water was pumped out and the liner replaced. Water has now been filling the pool via hose pipes and I was assured that the water pressure of the pool would push any ground water out. This happened yesterday. All I am thinking at this point is that there is a growing sink hole under my pool. Am I getting worked up over it?

This is where you call a stop to the work and demand to know how they are going to fix this long term in WRITING. Everything from now on is ONLY in writing so there is a paper trail. There is a problem and it is not fixed. Moving forward will only work for them in that they will try to get your money and leave you with a big problem on your hands :(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.