Vinyl pool floor shifting_request advice

FLAK111

Gold Supporter
Jan 28, 2018
North/Texas
TFP patrons,

Has anyone seen this. I am getting settling on my vinyl pool floor. It is causing a few places to shift up and looks like my floor may break/crack.

comments and advice on what to do appreciated.
FLAK
IMG-0896.jpgIMG-0895.jpgIMG-0893.jpg

How old is your pool?
When was the liner last changed?
Do you know what base material they used for the bottom of your pool?

Unless it grows and gets bigger over time its really just a cosmetic issue. The only way to address it is to drain the pool and pull the liner. Pulling the liner will mean buying a new liner as they almost never go back in if it is more than a few months old.

ugh. thanks for Fyi. The pool is about 15 or so years old. The pool liner though is new as of April 2017 when we purchased the house. I've noticed these "crack pop ups" as I call them show more and more over the past year.....so i've got my concerned face on. Thinking ahead, will these possibly stretch and break the vinyl? or is vinyl tougher than I think it is? thoughts?

Minor indents like that won't harm your liner at all. Its just a sign that the vermiculite, or other base material, has settled or shifted slightly.

If those indents start to grow/get deeper and or they start joining together that might be a sign you have a leak. It could also be a sign of a ground water problem that is affecting your base material.

Either way your best bet for now is just to keep an eye on it to watch for changes. The mostly likely result is that they are just cosmetic and because you have nice clear TFP water you can actually see them.

I also have liner shifting in my entire pool. It appears as if the liner stretched and sagged. We have had incredibly hot weather and the water is very warm. Just this evening I noticed large air bubbles under the liner at the steps. Are you saying there isn't a fix unless I replace the liner? My pool was installed in August last year. I have to look at this for the next 15 years?

They are lifts from the foundation under the pool. Cracking of some sort. I think CJ hit it on the head. I'll just have to watch them for now and see how things go.

Question:
Whats the worst case scenerio......? At the crack site it stretches the liner and then is there a way to repair that long of a crack/stretch mark? or is that a replace issue? I know a hole in the liner can be patched, but these are semi-long.

just thinking worst case fix besides replacing and re-leveling.
thoughts?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.