North of Pittsburgh, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Another question from a newbie that is getting ready to order their DIY vinyl liner pool with auto cover. Originally we planned on putting in coping that would coordinate with our pavers from Unilock, but we have heard from some installers we spoke with that they would not recommend that, to use concrete for the coping instead. Has any one has experience with this? How were the paver coping stones attached so they didn't move? I need to decide this before ordering the pool kit because of the auto cover track option.

Thank you!
Cari

Will the cover tracks be below the coping (on the inside wall) or surface mounted?

The covers that are stored in a below ground vault use the side wall below the top of the wall to run the tracks on.

There are also tracks that can be laid on the coping, and the cover roll is above ground (or possibly can be put inground vault but I don't know for sure??)

The track will be below the surface of the pavers/concrete.
I did some digging on my own and found out from Unilock to install the pavers. I think this is the route we are going to go. We’ll be using the fullnose coping stones that are 12”x24” on a 20’x40’ pool. We will have Unilock Beacon Hill Smooth on the rest of the patio, including the XL units that weigh 120 lbs a piece! And we are DIYing it.
Here is the information for anyone else who might need it:

How to Install Pool Coping

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.