Vinyl Inground Pool with Bending/Warping Aluminum Coping

wdow88

Bronze Supporter
May 29, 2020
Massachusetts
Hello All,

I have a 20x40 inground pool by Seaboard Industries. I honestly am not sure how old it is, but I would say at least 30 years based on the documentation left by the previous owner.
I am having some issues with the aluminum coping. In some areas there are sections that are no longer even which causes the coping clips to pop out of place. In other areas it seems like the coping has bent, which I am guessing could possibly be caused by ice damage. The coping normally slopes down and away from the pool and there are a couple of sections that it is just about level. I have attached a couple of photos. Is this something that can be corrected by pulling up the pavers so that I can bend reset the existing coping back into place? Or would I be opening a large can of worms that should best be left to the professionals?

I spent some time researching on the forum and I know believe it would be possible to replace the coping. My wife and I plan to do a major pool and outdoor renovation within the next 5 years and that would likely fit into the scope of the project. I'm just trying to see if there is anything I can do this season so that there aren't uneven metal edges around the pool.

Thanks for the advice in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_20200608_173051.jpg
    IMG_20200608_173051.jpg
    552.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20200608_173108.jpg
    IMG_20200608_173108.jpg
    624 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20200608_172937.jpg
    IMG_20200608_172937.jpg
    757.2 KB · Views: 63
Hard to tell from pics. Depending on how pavers were laid they could be pushing the caps up. On just about every pool I see with that style cap, it ends up like yours. If you attempt to pull up a paver vacuum amd blow the area clean you dont want any of the tree debris under there.

Thank you both for your help!
I see what you mean regarding the pavers. I cleaned out the debris as suggested. I guess I will just have to make due until we pull the trigger on the renovation.
Hope you both find some time to enjoy your pools today! Going to be a real hot one.
--Will

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.