Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hi All,

I've been reading lots on this forum and now have questions of my own that I can't seem to find a proper answer for. I bought a house late last year and only got to use the pool briefly and discovered the pump was squealing so I figure the bearings are shot. I am now preparing to do something about it since the warmer weather is approaching.

I've seen a lot of interest with the VGreen variable motors and was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. My current pump is a 1.5HP Jandy Stealth (1.65 SF) single speed and its hooked up to an Aqualink (latest version with Wifi). I took apart the motor from the pump assembly and the wet end looks good and hoping to continue using it, so I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice.

My options are 1. replace the motor with the same one
2. replace the motor with a 2 speed version
3. replace the entire thing (pump and motor)
4. replace the motor with the Vgreen VS motor only.

I like option 4 but which motor, and will it bolt up to my existing wet end? Being in Canada, my options are quite expensive no matter which way I go.

I have attached photos of the motor as well as the pump pad when I was winterizing so I had already removed the pumps. BTW i have 2 pumps that are the same. 1 pump feeds the spa and then the other is the main. The one that failed was the spa pump but I imagine whatever I do with this replacement is inevitable will need for the main. Hopefully i have given enough info.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20210320_185256.jpg
    20210320_185256.jpg
    351 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210320_143927.jpg
    20210320_143927.jpg
    355.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210320_143920.jpg
    20210320_143920.jpg
    367.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 20201011_100646.jpg
    20201011_100646.jpg
    617.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 20201011_100641.jpg
    20201011_100641.jpg
    542.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 20201010_100103.jpg
    20201010_100103.jpg
    458.9 KB · Views: 9
I would not go back to a single speed but options 2-4 are all good ones. It just depends on what you are looking for. A 2 speed will save about 75% in energy costs, a VS about 85% in energy costs from a one speed so both are good choices. If you need more than 2 speeds, a VS would be a better choice. If not, either will work just fine. It then comes down to cost.

The current pump motor is a 56Y frame so any motor with a 56y or 48y frame will work. For V-Green, this one will work:

This is a 48y frame so it is slightly smaller diameter than a 56y frame and you might have to shim the support but not a big deal.

Ahh, thanks. I see. So that point got me confused. I thought 56y and 48y had different mounting points. I see that it just means that the body of the motor is different, not the mounting flange. The one you linked is what I thought I would need but thanks for clarifying. I just need to find a dealer here in Ontario that has these. I wish we had the pricing like your link. I'll do some digging

I was hot for a vgreen 165 then found the control panel was too wide to fit the cramped space. Replumbing just for that wouldn't work. Motor right next to sand filter, so i got a 2 speed instead. Very happy w the savings on low speed.

The vgreens are a great value.

2 speed is also an option I think. I'm looking around here for Jandy 2 speed motors and they are in the 600+ range. I haven't yet seen pricing on vgreen yet from Canadian dealers. 429 like is linked above by mas985 is amazing (even after currency conversion)

Reactions: borjis
I just finished retrofitting my Stealth with a V-Green. Went well and would recommend it. I had to switch out the impeller as I was downsizing, but you could keep what you already have.

I just finished retrofitting my Stealth with a V-Green. Went well and would recommend it. I had to switch out the impeller as I was downsizing, but you could keep what you already have.

Thanks. I called around my local dealers as published on the Century site and no one was interested in helping source the motor for me. They didn't even know what it was. Quite disappointing. I got frustrated and ended up at pioneer pools and just ordered another 1.5hp Jandy single speed. I guess nobody needs the business around here. I'll drop that in and not worry about it until my second jandy pump takes a dive (pun intended) and start sourcing again. I didn't want to deal with cross border shipping as in my previous experience with larger items it was a pain in the behind. What a shame. The inyopools site as linked above seems like they are a good dealer but I decided I wanted to shop local and support the store (pioneer pools) which always give me great service. Too bad they aren't a century dealer. Lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.