Very Strange

PoolFun

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
Westford, MA
Took the cover off the pool this past weekend. Found the usual leaf remnants, dirt/silt, one live Bullfrog, one dead Bullfrog, one dead mouse, a couple of salamanders and the plug from the Polaris booster pump on the bottom of the pool. I wouldn't normally think this was too odd, except for the condition of the plug. Please see the attached pictures. Thoughts on what could have happened?Plunger1.jpgPlunger2.jpg

You haven't been running a lawn mower in your pool have you?? :D

Well, the algae was getting kinda long.......

Looks like freeze damage to me. Ice got around and behind it and tore it apart as it was pushing it out.

Ice is a possibility. I'm usually pretty good about keeping the level low, but missed this year. Level was just below the tile line at one point and I had to chip through an inch or two of ice to get to the liquid to drop the level. It is possible, the ice was frozen around the plug and pulled it out when the level dropped or (if it was in liquid) the ice caught the thumb screw and pulled it out as the liquid level dropped.

I'll have to keep an eye on the booster outlet to make sure it wasn't damaged (haven't seemed to lose any water yet).

Thanks for the ideas.

Reactions: Bama Rambler
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.