RNeumann

Mar 13, 2019
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Opened the pool up starting last Sunday. Everything seems fine but the fc is very high 30+ (I stopped there because I was using a ton of reagent).
pH was 7.0 raised to 7.4

CYA was at 0 so I raised to 50.

TA 50

FC 30+ for 2 days now without adding chlorine. I've knly added 4 gallons total of 10% liquid chlorine since I've opened it. Had pump running about 75% of the time it's been open. Water is very clear and not irritating to swim in. I have ordered fresh reagents but same fc test results. Pool almost feels just barely slimey in some areas but not really and could just be baking soda, stabilizer, sand etc.

Whats up with the high free chlorine reading?

Also it seems a Bobby pin left some rust stains on my liner in a few spots. Is there anyway to clean these off?

Attachments

• 20200702_182510.jpg
    20200702_182510.jpg
    513.2 KB · Views: 9
I just went out and retested after swimming and I stopped at 40 (80 drops) as the pink was not fading at all. Seems very strange to me as I tested the water all last year with no issues. There is no smell of chlorine. Is it possible I have bad reagents? I ordered a new bottle of r-0003 off Amazon last week.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.