Very Green Open, 1st time in 6 years

Hagefamily

Jun 4, 2012
I have my yearly routine down for opening. Pool company comes to remove the cover, puts the cartridge filter together, checks all the connections for leaks, etc.

I've had a little green spots here and there in past years. Vacuum, brush, slam and a week later I'm all set.

This year I opened over a month later than usual and we had some warm days. Very green open. In sunlight I could see to the bottom but very murky.

I vacuumed and brushed the pool the best I could. Can't see the brush/vacuum in the 8ft deep end.

4 new cartridge filters installed this year too.

Do I SLAM it as usual until the algae clears? I keep reading about this new vacuum-to-waste thing but not sure what that is or how to do it.

First time since we built the pool that I've had this problem so would appreciate any advice!

I'm giving that ladder the stink-eye. Check to see if some genius designer put all sorts of tiny ribs n the underside of the steps.
img_1946-jpg.139653

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.