Vermiculite walls caving in

flmad

Oct 23, 2021
USA
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi guys I live in Florida, have a 18x36 in-ground pool bough the house in 2018 a month before hurricane Michael hit. The pool PB removed the old vinyl liner. The wall at the deep end look horrible to me, one of the corners is cave in from top to bottom. I had the sum pump running for 4 days and water is not filling the bottom, but there is enough to keep bottom puddle up. My PB insist that he can vermiculite over and without let it set just install the liner and that everything will be fine. My question is should the vermiculite that's damage be removed/redone or just do patch work were need itIMG_20211021_093030.jpgIMG_20211023_092210.jpgIMG_20211023_091654.jpgIMG_20211023_092142.jpg

That's pretty bad from pics. Almost looks like a home made mix very heavy on the mortar. If it's as bad as it looks I would just redo the floor. If you have a pool light you will see everything at night. Water isnt a big issue just dig a shallow pit amd install a garden hose sump pump cheapie. Let it run 24 7. Do the floor amd all around the small pit. Next day when dry have liner ready amd clean floor amd be ready. Throw a semi dry patch in the hole and set liner. I do this on half my builds I fight water all the time

Reactions: flmad
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.