Vermiculite/concrete mix over concrete???

Caro325

Feb 10, 2023
Frisco, texas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Does anyone see an issue with putting the vermiculite/concrete mix that is recommended for the walls and floor of IG vinyl liner pools over concrete??? I finish leveling a squaring the panels, and of course I guess I over dig in some areas (up to 4” in some areas)…. The walls are not too much on an issue but the shallow end and slope towards the shallow end is…….. I was thinking of maybe pouring some concrete in a few areas (to bring it up to the 2” that the instructions call for) when they pour the collar for the panels, and THEN putting the 2” of Vermiculite/concrete on top of it………any thoughts????

Does anyone see an issue with putting the vermiculite/concrete mix that is recommended for the walls and floor of IG vinyl liner pools over concrete??? I finish leveling a squaring the panels, and of course I guess I over dig in some areas (up to 4” in some areas)…. The walls are not too much on an issue but the shallow end and slope towards the shallow end is…….. I was thinking of maybe pouring some concrete in a few areas (to bring it up to the 2” that the instructions call for) when they pour the collar for the panels, and THEN putting the 2” of Vermiculite/concrete on top of it………any thoughts????
or maybe I should just do the whole thing on the vermiculite/cement mix????

Do you have pictures you can post? It sounds like your walls are on solid ground in most spots, so wondering if you need to bring the whole floor up 2” or just in spots. When we needed to adjust our floor we used crushed aggregate or 57 stone.

Also, it helps you and everyone if you keep your build questions on the same thread. Perhaps @Leebo can assist?

Do you have pictures you can post? It sounds like your walls are on solid ground in most spots, so wondering if you need to bring the whole floor up 2” or just in spots. When we needed to adjust our floor we used crushed aggregate or 57 stone.

Also, it helps you and everyone if you keep your build questions on the same thread. Perhaps @Leebo can assisT?

Thank you for replying. I will take some better pictures when I get home this afternoon........ but basically, my back panels are sitting squared on the ground, but the sides and front where the steps are at needed to be lifted…. I plan to put pavers (at the required hight) all around so all the panels have support, and not just have them with nothing underneath like on this picture

Attachments

• IMG_9747.jpeg
    IMG_9747.jpeg
    735.1 KB · Views: 16
Thank you for replying. I will take some better pictures when I get home this afternoon........ but basically, my back panels are sitting squared on the ground, but the sides and front where the steps are at needed to be lifted…. I plan to put pavers (at the required hight) all around so all the panels have support, and not just have them with nothing underneath like on this picture
That's a bit more than we had on my build, my sections were more like 2-4' at a time as opposed to the length of the wall like you have there. I still think 57 stone or a crushed agg would be preferred. Definitely a good idea to use the blocks every few feet for support. As I mentioned in your build thread, you'll want to be sure you'er carefully watching any gaps or significant backfilled areas to ensure it doesn't get washed out when your pour the collar. The collar doesn't have to be perfect, you just need to get the collar on solid, with level walls ;) . You can always perfect the floor after that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.