Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
My pool was built in 2007. The pool builder made a big thing about using these pool drains as being the safest. They were main drains used on those pop-up in-pool cleaners. The open area is large enough to allow feet into the opening. This does not seem like it is VBG compliant. This is the spa drain, but the main drain is identical.

spa drain.jpg

The reason it is compliant is the many opening spread out on the inside and outside of the drain.. there is no way to completely close off all the holes even if you stuck both feet in there... :)

My issue is I don't like the fact that I can put toes in there and "hook" them. If I can think of it, someone else can get trapped. I'm thinking of change these drain covers...

I just noticed, the friggen drain looks stained, and that was an installation shot! I hate my pool builder! And it has been 14 years!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.